Thursday, January 29, 2009

Confessions of a grown up Disney fan...

As I watch my daughters grow up, I am excited to see their interest in all things Disney. We love watching some of the old Disney classics so as they can know the characters at Disneyland and be excited about it. Oddly enough as I watch some of these movies I haven't seen in years, I discover some new and rather interesting points in these films. Yesterday, in watching Peter Pan, I discovered that Peter is probably one of the most arrogant main characters ever and he's quit the pimp! Also, I find it odd how much tinkerbell is celebrated now when in the movie she is rather maniacal, openly admitting to tryin to kill wendy! Another movie I was pretty disturbed by is Tarzan. At the end when Clayton dies... Honestly probably one of the scariest Disney deaths I've seen! I mean come on!!!! You just don't show a man hanging there dead with lightning flashing! It's scary!!!

I find myself enjoying but over analyzing the newer movies of Disney, like the Little Mermaid prequel, Wall-E, and tinkerbell. They are much more kid friendly and politically correct, though they are still cartoons and some of the basic laws of nature don't apply. But hey, that's why it's entertaining right?

Also... You may have noticed I'm attempting to revamp my page, so hang in there with me until it's beautiful again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup... and not only is Peter Pan kind of a jerk and Tinker Bell psychotic, the story is much deeper and darker than Disney would have you think...
have you read the novel?
And when you're done, check out:
http://peterpansneverworld.com/
Here's an article on it, too:
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Peter-Pans-NeverWorld-Picks-Up/story.aspx?guid=%7B575A5B1F-CF9E-45C4-9339-FBD24F6AEEA3%7D

BELIEVE!