Monday, July 5, 2010

Mysteries of my life unfold.... well.. not really...

SO! If you have ever met me and we talked for more than about 30 seconds, I would probably at some point have mentioned my sick addiction to all things Twilight. MUHAHAHAHA! Yes, I'm one of those Twilight people, and no you don't have to like it because I do. I'm not one of those "Fan Girls" running around screaming my undying affection for Edward Cullen in your face. BUT none the less... I am a Twi-hard Fanpire!

So I don't have pictures from it yet, BUT I would like to talk all about my wonderful family vacation last week and the wonderful Twilight: Eclipse premier we got to attend whilst there.

DAY 1: Monday my little family, my parents, and my brothers family, all packed up and drove northward to begin our adventure. We stayed at Thanksgiving Point (a usual for our family) and then proceeded to Chuck-E-Cheese, where we met up with my sister who lives up there already.

I remember going there as a kid thinking it was totally awesome with games and prizes and all that, but I was ALWAYS afraid of the HUGE anamatronic rat that would sing and wiggle around with his band. Can I just say... Chuck hasn't lost his edge. I'd still have to say the best part of the night tho, was when Chuck decided to sing "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. I kid you not he was workin it in his background music video. All strollin down the street and a giant dog playin a ukulele. He's all into it, big rat foot tappin and everything. Anywho, aside from giant dancing rodents, we got lots of tickets from games, ate some pizza, and each of us did these little picture id cards that the machine picked u an occupation. Mine was like professional Diva or something, Kaitlyn was a soccer player, Kylie a cheerleader, and Alex was some freaky worker at Area 51. It was quite funny. My bro Jeff did his twice with rather bizarre faces, but I don't exactly remember what the cards were... just that he looked like... well... like Jeff.

DAY2: Oh this is my favorite day... SO day 2 was an all girls day. Oh yeah.. it was sweet! We started out by going to the spa my sister used to go to school at and got facials and pedicures. I reached a seriously high level of relaxation whilst there which was much needed and much enjoyed. We all picked out different shades of red for our toes in honor of the upcoming evenings events.

After the spa morning, we went to lunch at Zupas (if you've never had it.. i pity you... it's awesome!) followed by a tour of my sisters new work, a laser spa type place where they make you fabulously beautiful. We all got to do this skin analysis machine that shows like sun damage and wrinkles and pores and all that... wasn't my favorite part cuz I don't like knowing my skin is not the best, let alone having a computer and HIGH RESOLUTION camera confirm that knowledge. *interesting side note. That spa does laser liposuction... which only leaves like a pinhole scar and you don't have to be unconscious for the procedure. Also.. the owner decided to show us a big bag of fat that had been sucked out of someone.... I gagged a little...*

Stopped at the mall for a few minutes to look around, then we went up to my sisters house for a little bit so i could help her put a vinyl on her wall we had made a few weeks before, then she got out some wax and started ripping hair off all of our faces. That was exciting and I cried a little. Not a fan of it, but we women must suffer for our beauty!

NOW MY FAVORITE PART OF THE DAY! We went back to the hotel to get ready for our special event we had been waiting months for, rereading the series 3 times for, and had tickets for a month in advance! TWIFEST! Yes such a wonderfully exciting gathering of Twihards exists and they had them all over northern utah that night for the big eclipse premier. Erin and I, being the severely obsessed fans that we are, dressed up like characters from the movie (suggested by the Twifest people cuz of a costume contest to be held). Erin went as Alice and I went as Bella. We had been working on our costumes for weeks in advance and everything came together just fabulously! (minus my hair, but i got over it eventually). So we all got dressed up and headed out for a family dinner then back to where the "Twifest-ivities" where to be held. OH MY WORD! It was so fun to just see a ton of people there together all psyched up to see the movie at midnight, people screaming back and forth for Team Edward or Team Jacob.. with the occasional Team Switzerland thrown in there. We all got lots of freebies and whatnots. Mom, Jessie, and Erin, all got plastered in white face powder and glitter after declaring themselves Team Edward.... the glitter was seriously intense!! I managed to avoid it in an effort not to ruin my "Bella" look... cuz you know... she's not a vampire... yet. muahahahhaha...... MOVING ON. we got to hang out, do the costume contest, which we all won, hung around for a while, got some snacks and whatnot. Then the countdown began.

We couldn't go sit in the theater till about 20 minutes before the movie started, but we were some of the first in there. Every single seat in the theater had a special edition Eclipse Vitamin water in the cup holder. That was pretty sweet. We just chilled rather impatiently as the theater filled and kept tabs on the time waiting for the movie to start. Then finally the blessed moment came and I swear to you, I have never seen such a fabulously glorious sparkling vampire look as good as he does on a MAMMOTH SCREEN!!!!!!!!! (ok.. I'm doing to pull a fan girl for a second... I was all OME!!! *oh my Edward!*) The movie was absolutely fantastic and I was SO excited I was squealing along with every other giddy girl in that theater. I totally loved it and it was for sure my favorite of the 3 so far. I'm still pretty much in shock that it's out already and have since seen it 5 times now. It was a super fun night and I will always remember it and all the fun we had that day with all us girls just relaxing and being together!

Day3: BOYS DAY. So the boys got up bright and early after having watched the kids the entire day before, for which I'm very grateful. They decided to take a fishing trip that day while we watched the kids. This plan was also the only way we could convince them to go and let us have the girls day and Twifest. hahaha! So they went fishing most of the day whilst us girls took the kids down to a farm there at thanksgiving point. It was a lot of fun. Lots of animals to see, a wagon ride, but the hit of the day was the pony rides. You'd never suspect so much joy could come from riding a little horse around the same circle 10 times, but they had a blast! Kylie was laughing and Kaitlyn loved it and was determined to take her horsey back home. She said "But mommy, my horsey needs to come meet Daisey and Cindy so they can be friends!!!" It was so cute. After the farm, we went to Burger King (still in the spirit of Twilight, because they have eclipse toys in the kids meals haha!) Got some food and let the kids play for a bit, then we went back to the hotel for much needed nap time. Once the boys got back from fishing, we went out to dinner at Denny's then everyone pretty much crashed out for the night. We were all so whipped after both our long days.

Day 4: Return home trip, I slept almost the entire way. haha Kids slept too luckily. We had such a great vacation and it was a much needed break from reality. Much much thanks to my parents for making it such a great trip and for everything!!! We had so much fun! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get some from my momma and my sis in law. (your gonna love em!)

So that's my vacation update... Also on the side note of upcoming photos, Happy Fathers Day, Anniversary, and Birthday to Alex! His birthday was on the 3rd and we celebrated with fireworks and fun stuff. Pics to come soon! Seriously!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ha, so I have to admit Ro, I am also TERRIFIED of animatronics! I'm not even kidding, riding on Pirates at Disneyland is a mixed experience for me because I love the ride...but anytime our boat gets close to one of those freaky things it causes me serious anxiety! Needless to say, I was scared of Chucky Cheese as a child!