Friday, March 6, 2009

The kindess of strangers

I feel it very necessary to tell this story of what has just happened. Our family, like most in the country right now, have been struggling finacially, and are pushing through the rough times. We have been kind of at eachothers throats lately because of our stress and as sad as it is to say, struggling spiritually as well. So tonight, Alex, the girls, and I decided to go out to eat even though we really couldn't afford it. We went to cracker barrel because alex thought it sounded good to him, even tho we like never eat there. We had a pretty good meal, and I personally was worried about how much the bill would be. But when the waitress came to bring us our bill, she said "just so you know, the couple that was next to you already took care of your bill." I had only glances at them once while we were eating, it was a little older couple and they had left before we had a chance to thank them. I had never met them and don't know if I'll ever see them again. But it was just a really great gesture that touched my heart. So thank you whoever you are. You have proven to me that 1- god still loves me even if I am having a hard time. 2- that there is hope for mankind even if I Obama is in charge (ha ha) and 3- that no matter what happens, there are still people out there willing to help someone in need, even if they don't know it.

No comments: